10 February 2012

Put a Lid On It

Blogging or journaling is, of course, a great way to document things we want to remember. Recently though, I came across a blog that suggested something else I want to incorporate into my own DIY project list - a Memory Jar.
The idea is to jot down special memories (these things of significance can be anything from huge obvious hallmark events to things of  quiet sentimental value) on little tears of paper throughout the year  and place them inside your Memory Jar. Then -  around December 30th or 31st -  unscrew the lid of this simple time capsule and dwell in all the goodness that touched your life as you bid adieu to 2012.

Seriously, how awesome is this???

I think I'll be using a clear mason jar for mine instead of a decorated box. I like the idea of being able to see the folded pieces of paper inside the container. For me, it will be help if I can easily view them peeking out from beneath the glass - a gentle nudge to be grateful for things  - even on days when doing so may be challenging or difficult.